Charging the battery is not covered by the warranty.
Periodic inspection of the electrical installation is a mandatory condition for granting the waranty! The vehicle’s electrical installation must be checked within 5 days as of the date of purchase of the battery and thereafter every 12 months.
It is recommended that the checks be performed in the services shops approved by SC CONEX DISTRIBUTION S.A. (see the list of service shops in the Annex or on www.bateriimacht.ro).
1. Storage and transport
Batteries charged with electrolyte from the factory, ready for installation, can be stored for 6 months, in closed and dry spaces (60% maximum humidity), with temperatures between 0 and +30°C, protected from heat, solar radiation and chemicals. Batteries charged with electrolyte can only be transported and stored in an upright position. To prevent damage to the battery during transport, it must be positioned so that the possibility of slipping or tipping over is eliminated. It is forbidden to store other objects onto the batteries.
2. Rules for installation – removing the batteries
The mounting-removing of the battery on(off) the vehicle shall be done with the engine stopped as well as with all power consumers disconnected. This eliminates the occurrence of short circuits due to improper handling of installation tools and prevents the occurrence of sparks. Battery terminals and cable connectors should be cleaned of oxides and greased with silicone grease (antacid). When installing it (if the minus of the vehicle’s electrical installation is grounded), connect the (+) cable to the (+) pole of the battery and then the (-) cable to the (-) pole. The connectors shall be securely fastened to the battery terminals. When disassembling, proceed in reverse order.
3. Operation and maintenance
Under normal conditions of use and given the new technologies applied to Macht “maintenance-free” starter batteries, it is not necessary to add distilled water. Also, the cap vents are checked so that they are not blocked (as this is a risk of explosion). The voltage relay must operate in the range between 13.8 – 14.4 V for cars and 28.0 – 28.8 V for 24V circuit cars. A 24Vdc/12Vdc converter will be used to supply consumers to 24V circuits. The charging voltage on both batteries must be equal to ± 0.2V. Avoid using consumers directly connected to the battery for an extended period of time. Failure to do so will result in premature battery failure.
4. Warranty conditions
Car batteries are warranted against any manufacturing defects or defects in material and have an average service life of 5 years. The battery warranty is granted subject to compliance with the instructions regarding storage, installation, operation, maintenance and safety.
In order to be granted the warranty, the vehicle’s electrical installation must be checked within 5 days as of the date of purchase of the battery, at the workshops mentioned by the seller and subsequently every 12 months in one of the partner service shops or in an authorized RAR service.
According to Law no. 449/2003 we guarantee the operation of the product for:
MOTO (3 – 18 Ah):
– 12 months
CARS (45 – 100 Ah):
– 24 months
– 36 months extended warranty for Macht Nordik batteries;
– 60 months extended warranty for Macht Silver Power batteries;
– 6 months – taxis, driving school cars, ambulances, freight distribution cars, public transport minibuses;
AGRO & COMMERCIAL VEHICLES (110 – 135 Ah):
– 12 months
– 12 month-warranty for batteries used on dump trucks, trucks or equipment performing works on construction sites
– 6 month-warranty for batteries used on machinery used in construction (bulldozers, excavators), forklifts, freight distribution vehicles, public transport minibuses;
HEAVY DUTY CLASIC and EFB (155 – 230 Ah):
– 24 months
– 12 months warranty for batteries used on agricultural machinery
– 12 months warranty for batteries used on dump trucks, trucks or machinery performing works on construction sites
– 6 luni – garanție pentru acumulatorii folosiți pe utilaje folosite în construcții (buldozere, excavatoare), motostivuitoare, mașini distribuție marfă;
HD PLUS (140 – 225 Ah):
– 12 months
– 6 months – warranty for batteries used on construction machinery (bulldozers, excavators), forklifts, freight distribution vehicles;
During the warranty period defective batteries will be returned accompanied by the following documents:
– Proof of purchase (invoice/tax receipt)
– Warranty certificate, original copy, fully filled in
– Copy of the vehicle’s registration certificate. Complaints shall be accompanied by this certificate and shall be resolved within a maximum of 15 days as of the presentation of the battery (charged) at one of the partner service shops (found in the Annex or on the website www.bateriimacht.ro). Within the warranty period, batteries that show lack of conformity shall be repaired or replaced free of charge.
5. Cases in which the warranty is not grated
– Failure to submit the waranty certificate and the invoice/tax receipt
– The installation, maintenance, storage and handling instructions have not been observed.
– Accidental mechanical, chemical, thermal or electrical overload damage.
– Defects of the car’s electrical installation: short circuit, parasitic consumers, inadequate charging current, parking of the car for a long time;
– Use for purposes other than those for which it was designed: car starter battery.
– Use of an improper power battery – the technical regulations of the manufacturers are observed.
– Using the battery “in parallel” or “in series” with another battery, with different characteristics or which is old.
– Use of consumers connected directly to the battery, in addition to those provided for in the car’s technical book;
– Battery that is overcharged or overstressed or that bearing traces of forcing (for batteries without servicing) or with deposits of active material, colored electrolyte or with a level below the minimum allowed limit.
– Discharged-frozen battery, with deformed, exploded housing or showing any form of physical alteration.
– Failure to fill in all the fields of the warranty certificate. Failure to check the vehicle’s electrical installation within a maximum of 5 days as of the date of purchase of the battery and subsequently every 12 months.
– The battery, although recharged, no longer has starting qualities. The low density in all elements indicates improper operation (in the case of DIN batteries).
– Later modifications are made to the electrical installation, leading to the battery being overloaded.
– The battery shows deformations of the tank or damage to the terminals;
– The buyer does not comply with the conditions for granting the warranty.
– If the battery is charged with less than 8.0 V, or charged above 13.0 V.
– The vehicle’s standby current is higher than 0.04 A.
– The battery labels are wrinkled or missing, indicating that the battery has been overcharged.